Good morning, friends. It’s me, Dylan Siwicki, your host of the Plymouth-Canton Daily — back in your inbox with all the most important things happening in town.I’ll get right to it.
First, today’s weather:
Mostly sunny and very warm. High: 89 Low: 64.
Here are the top stories today in Plymouth-Canton:
- New breakfast spot opens in Northville Township. First Watch recently opened its most recent metro Detroit location at 15311 Beck on the corner of Five Mile on the border with Plymouth Township. (Hometown Life)
- A Westland woman will spend Hometown Life) of hundreds of thousands of dollars. (
- A group of mosquitoes collected by researchers in Bay County have tested positive for a deadly mosquito-borne virus, Michigan State Health Officials announced Thursday. (Michigan Patch)
From our sponsor:
Are you a Plymouth-Canton resident looking for an investment alternative to the stock market?
Bloomberg recently asked experts where they’d invest $100,000 right now, and many of them had the same answer: fine art.
Thinking you can’t afford a Picasso? Well in 2012, Congress passed the JOBS Act, which allowed for the securitization of artwork. A company called Masterworks.io built the largest platform for buying and selling art securities. In the past, you could only buy shares of companies like Apple, but with this investing app, you can unlock this powerful investment.
Meaning, you can invest in shares of million-dollar artwork. And in uncertain times, it turns out, fine art may be a wise investment. Here’s why:
- Low correlation to stocks according to Citi
- Contemporary art historically returns 23.2% when inflation is >3%
- Contemporary art prices outpaced the S&P 500 by 164% (1995-2021)
To learn more, visit Masterworks.io, where Plymouth-Canton Daily readers can skip the waitlist.
See important Reg A Disclosures
Today in Plymouth-Canton:
From my notebook:
- New Morning School, Plymouth: “This blog from elementary teacher Christine Jansen spells it out so well. “As a teacher I am often asked, ‘How can I help my child with school?’ or ‘How can I help my child feel successful?’ My first response is always to help support th…” (New Morning School, Plymouth via Facebook)
- Canton Chamber: “Are you a part of the Canton Chamber? If so, make sure to leave us a Facebook review and tell us what you think.” (Canton Chamber via Facebook)
- Nextdoor Neighbor, Farmer Junction: “Hi everyone! – There will be a garage sale at 750 Arthur St. in Plymouth over the next few days. We will have tons of women’s clothes, home decor, and fun miscellaneous items! It will take place Thursday 6/23-Saturday 6/25. Come on by!” (Nextdoor)
- Nextdoor Neighbor, Flodin Park: “Hello neighbors! – I’ve launched my own driving school that operates in the Canton area. 1 ON 1 DRIVING is here to serve all your driving needs! My name is Sam and I am the owner and state certified instructor. Your friendly neighborhood…” (Nextdoor)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Alrighty, you’re all caught up for today! I’ll see you around.
— Dylan Siwicki
About me: I was born and raised on Detroit’s Westside, in the hard working blue-collar Polish neighborhood of Warrendale. I’m a Detroit Public School graduate who fought hard to earn my education. My aspiration into journalism came as a young kid, when I began following the corruption scandal of former Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick. My first break in to the journalism world began with the opportunity to work at the Michigan Journal, where I primarily reported on campus and local news throughout the Dearborn community. I eventually worked my way to news editor. So with first-hand experience growing up in a tight-knit neighborhood, I know the importance of delivering news and telling stories that impact local communities. And as a breaking news editor at Patch for Metro Detroit, it’s my job to deliver that news. So feel free to contact me about news tips or your own unique experiences at firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Plymouth-Canton Daily? Contact me at email@example.com