Hello again, friends. It’s Wednesday in Dearborn and I’m back in your inbox with everything you need to know about what’s happening in our community today.Keep reading for the latest.
First, today’s weather:
Partly sunny and hot. High: 92 Low: 61.
Here are the top stories today in Dearborn:
- Dearborn Police reported 17 crimes from June 12-18, including burglary, motor theft and robbery. (Dearborn Press and Guide)
- A pregnancy center in Dearborn Heights was attacked and officials don’t believe it was random. The vandalization happened Sunday night at the Lennon Center on WDIV ClickOnDetroit) near . (
- A group of Oxford High School students and their parents filed a federal lawsuit against the school district Friday, arguing their constitutional rights to safety and education were violated in the deadly Oxford school shooting. (Rochester Patch)
Today in Dearborn:
- Fore the Animals Golf Outing – City of Dearborn – Community Events (10:30 AM)
- City Charter Commission Meeting – City of Dearborn – City Public Meetings (6:00 PM)
- Savvy Tips for Starting a Small Business (6:30 PM)
- Dearborn Jazz on The Ave – City of Dearborn – Community Events (7:00 PM)
From my notebook:
- Dearborn Fire Department: “MESSAGE FROM Fire Chief Joseph Murray : Congratulations to Captain Robert Kober who will retire today after 25 years of dedicated service to the Dearborn Fire Department. Capt. Kober began his career in 1997 and was promoted to Firefight…” (Dearborn Fire Department via Facebook)
- Dearborn Fire Department: “MESSAGE FROM Fire Chief Joseph Murray : Today we congratulate Captain Kevin Long who will be retiring after over 25 years of dedicated service to the Dearborn Fire Department. Captain Long began his career in 1996, was promoted to Firefi…” (Dearborn Fire Department via Facebook)
- City of Dearborn Government: “The Dearborn Charter Commission will hold a meeting TOMORROW, Wednesday, June 22, in the Dearborn City Council Chambers at 6 p.m. This meeting is open to the public and it is available remotely. Watch the meeting on Comcast Channel 12, W…” (City of Dearborn Government via Facebook)
- Dearborn Area Chamber of Commerce: “You still have time to register for this fun filled evening at Downey Brewing Company. This complimentary evening of networking is open to all Dearborn Area Chamber members. Engage with prospective customers, discover reliable vendors, a…” (Dearborn Area Chamber of Commerce via Facebook)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
- The Sound of Music, presented by Grosse Pointe Theatre, takes the stage June 24-July 3 (June 24)
- Add your event
That’s it for today! I’ll see you back in your inbox tomorrow morning with another update.
— Dylan Siwicki
About me: I was born and raised on Detroit’s Westside, in the hard working blue-collar Polish neighborhood of Warrendale. I’m a Detroit Public School graduate who fought hard to earn my education. My aspiration into journalism came as a young kid, when I began following the corruption scandal of former Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick. My first break in to the journalism world began with the opportunity to work at the Michigan Journal, where I primarily reported on campus and local news throughout the Dearborn community. I eventually worked my way to news editor. So with first-hand experience growing up in a tight-knit neighborhood, I know the importance of delivering news and telling stories that impact local communities. And as a breaking news editor at Patch for Metro Detroit, it’s my job to deliver that news. So feel free to contact me about news tips or your own unique experiences at email@example.com
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Dearborn Daily? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org